amazon

Honey- Hoisin Chicken Wings


It is starting to hit me that summer is almost over! That means back to work, real life, and out of this glorious bubble that has been my vacation. In the meantime, I need to take advantage of the last couple of weeks and from a culinary perspective that means grilling as much as possible. I have never been much of a grilled food person and I honestly just cannot bring myself to like steak but in the last couple of years I've become quite enamored with grilled wings. Actually, I prefer only part of the wing, the drumette, those cute little mini drumsticks but these wings can be made with both parts. The trick to grilling with sauce is to not marinate the meat in the sauce because the sugar in the sauce will cause the outside to burn on the grill before the inside of the wing is cooked. Grilling the wings "unsauced" and then basting them for the last 5 or so minutes before they are ready will give you perfectly cooked and deliciously caramelized and flavorful wings. Enjoy!


3 lbs Chicken drumettes or wings, cut in half
1/3 cup Hoisin
1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
3 Tbl Honey
3 Tbl brown sugar
4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger

In a bowl mix together the Hoisin sauce, Teriyaki, honey, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Mix well to incorporate the honey. Heat your grill and start to grill the wings. Grill for about 7 minutes on each side. Using a brush, brush the marinade on the wings. Each time you apply the marinade let the wings cook to start to caramelize. Brush each side at least twice for optimal flavor.



Comments

  1. These look really delicious ( drool, drool) - even though I don't eat wings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts